Privacy & data
Changes to this policy
We collect a variety of information to enable us to provide the conichi service, improve our Site and enhance our users’ experience of our services, for example, by determining the location of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) we are able to serve a localised skew of our Site (for example enabling contact, language and currency modifications). For more information about the purposes for which we use your information please see the Useful Information section below.
We collect the following information (which may include personal data and/or sensitive personal data):
Information you provide us.
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use the site and when you register for and use the conichi services. Examples include:
We collect information when you register with conichi for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the conichi services (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the conichi services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, communicate with us via third-party social media sites or otherwise communicate with us
The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to the conichi services (“Content”).
Information we collect automatically
When you access or use the conichi services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Usage information: We monitor user activity in connection with the conichi services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload or print, or access while using the conichi services, the content and Infrastructure you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your content and Infrastructure in the conichi services.
Log information: We log information about you when you access and use the conichi services including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, ISP, the Web pages that you visit, the content and Infrastructure you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the conichi Services.
Device information: If you access the conichi services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type).
Printer (output device) Information: If you access or use a printer or output device (“infrastructure”) via the conichi service or connect infrastructure with the service we collect and interpret data about the device including but not limited to status, counter, consumables, hardware and job status, operating system, version, device ID, information about the network (according to the permissions of the network) or platform information (according to permissions of the platform).
Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We use various tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to collect information and distinguish you from other users of our Site, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse and use our conichi services and also allows us to improve our conichi services.
Information we collect from other sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the conichi services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by the social media service.
Use of information
We may use the information (which may include personal data) we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the conichi services;
- Enable you to access and use the conichi services, including uploading, downloading, printing of content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you, where you have agreed or where the law permits, for marketing purposes, including to periodically inform you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about conichi and our select partners; We will only share your personal data with anyone else for marketing purposes and/or send you promotional materials if you consent. For more information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from promotional materials (including newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications) please see the Your Account section below.
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the conichi services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to the conichi services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalise and improve the conichi services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customise your experience on the conichi services;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Where we store your information
conichi is based in Germany, and personal data is stored in Germany. We may store Metadata outside of Germany. We reserve the right to change where we store data but will always inform you at least 30 days prior to such change.
Sharing and disclosure of information
- Vendors, consultants and other service providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work.
- Corporate account: If you are an individual conichi registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your conichi account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a conichi corporate account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
- With your consent: We may share your information with your consent, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the conichi services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the conichi services. For example, third parties who you invite to collaborate with you as “editors” using the collaboration features of the conichi services may also modify content that you have shared, upload documents and photos to content you have shared, share such content outside of the conichi services, and provide other third parties with rights to view the content you have shared.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the conichi services, (d) to protect conichi, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell, merge with or buy all or a substantial portion of any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller, merger partner or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if conichi GmbH i.G. and/or our other group companies or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Aggregated or anonymised Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymised information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
- Our group: We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any company which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with conichi.
- Funtionality for Sharing and accessing organizations and infrastructure (Printes, output Devices)
- The conichi services offers features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your content and Infrastructure through the conichi services. As a function of the nature of the conichi services and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of content and Infrastructure with third parties, other people or with the public. You can choose to change your settings at any time for content and infrastructure through your account.
While no service is completely secure, conichi takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we encrypt your content when it is stored in our data centers. In addition, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the conichi services is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you print through our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. Furthermore we are not responsible for the protection of personal data that was printed on your infrastructure without access protection and is present locally in printed out form.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
We use various tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to collect information and distinguish you from other users of the conichi services, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse and use our conichi services and also allows us to improve our conichi services.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
What is a web beacon?
A web beacon (also known as “tracking pixels”) is an electronic image, also called a “gif,” that may be used in the conichi services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
How do we use these technologies?
What cookies do we use?
Below we have provided an overview of the categories of cookies found on our Site, and a description of what those cookies do. Please check back here periodically as we may update this information from time to time:
Functional cookies : Functional cookies are ones that conichi sets to help the Site work the way you expect it. Some cookies are necessary to enable you to move around our Site and to use the services. Without these cookies, we can’t provide the conichi services you have asked for, like processing your orders.
We use other cookies to help recognise and remember you when you are logged into the Site so we can remember your settings and preferences, such as your language and region or logged in state. These cookies also may help us provide services you have asked for. These cookies do not track your browsing activity on non-conichi websites.
As described below, you may disable any of these functional cookies; but if you do so, then various functions of the Site may be unavailable to you or may not work the way you want them to.
Performance cookies : We use third party analytics tools to help us understand how you use our Site. Such analytics tools not provide conichi with any personal data that identifies you. They tell us things like how you arrived at the conichi Site, if you have visited before, how long you stay on the Site, and which pages on the Site you visited. They can also provide us with general information about where in the world a user may be located. This information helps us understand how people use the conichi services and gives us information about the kind of experience people have on our Site and through the conichi services, all of which helps us to make the conichi experience even better.
Promotional communications. You can “opt out” of receiving marketing communications from conichi. To stop receiving promotional emails (including newsletters) form us follow the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the conichi services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies/tracking technologies. Most web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, FireFox and Safari) are set to automatically accept cookies as the default setting. If you don’t want to receive cookies or other tracking technologies, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. You can also delete cookies that have already been set. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the conichi services.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
Links to third party websites
We may place links on the conichi services. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of conichi. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our policy towards children
The conichi services is not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Last Updated: 9/24/2014